Friday, May 30, 2008

Sigh, where did the soul go...

My comments for Pinoy Idol tonight:

Gretchen: The Way You Make Me Feel

All the judges hated it. I loved it. She brought a fresh approach to the song.

Ren: Wind Beneath My Wings

I blacked out after she said I want you to know I know the throot. Ogie said best performance ever. I disagree. It was pretty lame.

Mae: Listen To Your Heart

Sorry, this was just sooooooooooo generic. If you’re looking for Pinoy Idol as in Sheryn, Sarah, and Rachelle, then that’s it. That wasn’t a compliment. Wyngarde criticized her as flat. Huh? Not. Dude needs to learn to listen.

Penelope: Everything I Do, I Do It For You

She was good. Not earth-shattering good. But she did the song justice.

Jayann: Kiss

Sounds a li’l like a slight-less refined Beyonce/Aguilera. She definitely got the right amount of sleaze that Ogie was lookin’ for. Liked it.

Meryl: I Feel For You

Sorry. This literally sounded like a bar band performance. Nothing special at all. Wyngarde did call her ‘the best’.

Carol: Must’ve Been Love

Too much ‘cambio’. She sounded like she couldn’t decide what genre the song was.

Hey surprise! I agree with Wyngarde saying she should give her best in the song.

Regene- With or Without You

The arrangement for the song was too low. It ruined what could’ve been a good intro. I’m on the fence on this one, she sang it all mellow-like. It was a rock ballad though. I’m not sure if I like it or not.

At this point, Tracy, seriously, drop the multiple wardrobe attack…

Sue Ellen- More Than Words

Sorry but the flat-ironed headtone is really beginning to piss me off. Can you imagine a whole CD of this? Dang. (another shot at the wardrobe by Wyngarde). All the judges seem to generally like her. Go figure.

Jeni:

Too much yelling.



For tonight, I'd say Gretchen gets my vote. Get better girls. You lost the soul singer already. Put some of your spirits in.

No comments: